POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Wood Floor Texture and Scene Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:27:10 EDT (-0400)
From: Trevor G Quayle
Subject: Wood Floor Texture and Scene
Date: 16 Jan 2007 09:25:00
From p.b.i (remember to un-break lines when copy/pasting):

  right x*image_width/image_height
  angle 60
  location LO
  look_at  LA
}

//
// *******  L I G H T S  *******
//

#declare LB=box{<-800,-1200,0>,<800,1200,1> texture{pigment{rgb 1}
finish{diffuse 0 ambient 40}}}

light_source{
  0,
  rgb 2
  area_light
  <1600,2400,0> <0,0,8>
  4, 4
  adaptive 0
  jitter
  looks_like{LB}
  fade_power 2
  fade_distance 6000
  translate <-200,4200,4000>
}

light_source{
  0,
  rgb 2
  area_light
  <1600,2400,0> <0,0,8>
  4, 4
  adaptive 0
  jitter
  looks_like{LB}
  fade_power 2
  fade_distance 6000
  translate <-3200,4200,4000>
}

//
// *******  T E X T U R E S  *******
//

#default{finish{ambient 0 diffuse 0.5}}

#declare BM="wood-33_b.jpg";//bump map
#declare DM="wood-33_d.jpg";//diffuse map
#declare SM="wood-33_r.jpg";//specular/reflective map
#declare Scl=<6000,15,6000>;    //tile size (the arroway site has this for
the samples)
#declare Spec=0.15;              //specular/reflective strength (again you
can use arroway's info)
#declare DifMn=0.0;//Min diffuse value
#declare DifMx=1.0;//Max diffuse value

#macro SMap(Ref,Dif)//Reflectivity mapping
  pigment {image_map { jpeg DM map_type 0 interpolate 2 once }}
  finish  {
    ambient 0 diffuse Dif
    conserve_energy
    reflection{0 Ref fresnel on metallic 0}
  }
//  normal{bump_map {jpeg BM map_type 0 interpolate 0 once}}//uncomment for
bumpmap
#end

#macro DMap(Ref,Dif)//Diffuse mapping
  image_pattern { jpeg SM map_type 0 interpolate 2 once }
  texture_map{
    [0 SMap(0,Dif)]
    [1 SMap(Ref,Dif)]
  }
#end

#declare FloorMat=
material{
  texture{
    image_pattern { jpeg DM map_type 0 interpolate 2 once}
    texture_map{
      [0 DMap(Spec,DifMn)]
      [1 DMap(Spec,DifMx)]
    }
    rotate x*90
  }
  interior{ior 1.36}//using fresnel reflection, vary ior accordingly
}

//
// *******  O B J E C T S  *******
//

#declare Tile=height_field{jpeg BM material{FloorMat}}//Using heightfield

#declare Tile2=box{0,<1,-1,1> material{FloorMat}}     //Using bumpmap

//
// *******  S C E N E  *******
//

#declare Siz=6;//creating a 6x6 tiling of the tile
union{
  #declare i=1;#while (i<Siz)
    #declare j=1;#while (j<Siz)
      object{Tile translate <-i,0,-j>}
    #declare j=j+1;#end
  #declare i=i+1;#end
  translate <Siz/2,0,Siz/2>
  scale Scl
  rotate y*90
}
//END

Post a reply to this message

"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> #declare Spec=0.15;              //specular/reflective strength

Thanks for your help,

Where did you found the information about "specular strength" inside arroway
webside? I can't find it...

>   interior{ior 1.36}//using fresnel reflection, vary ior accordingly

Why do you use "ior"? ior is only for transparent objects, or not?

Joel.

Post a reply to this message