POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : an updated general purpose scaler Server Time
3 May 2024 18:55:43 EDT (-0400)
  an updated general purpose scaler (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Charles C
Subject: an updated general purpose scaler
Date: 21 Dec 2006 02:15:00
Message: <web.458a344132c61309992c0d0@news.povray.org>
I was just doing some catch-up reading & came across Chris B's mention of
the scaling issue in his summary of the "Standards" thread.  That reminded
me:  Here's a slightly updated general purpose scaler with more unit types
& what I think is a better approach than what I posted before.  I will say
Chris's list-of-floats is simple & direct while using macros is more easily
expandable. I agree that both approaches would be useful.

Charles
PS, Wikipedia shows a lot of interesting measurement systems & I think it's
grown in the last few weeks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_of_units

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: