POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : distributed render system for animations Server Time
17 May 2024 22:46:43 EDT (-0400)
  distributed render system for animations (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jaap
Subject: distributed render system for animations
Date: 11 Feb 2006 19:20:01
Message: <web.43ee7ee69367b201a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
It's a povray SDL file that that distributes the rendering of animations
over a windows network. a small DOS batch file is included to repeatedly
run the SDL file. The main advantage is that no matter how different the
render times of frames and the speed of the used PC's, all PC's in the
render farm will be ready at the same time.

I have not (yet!) tested it a lot, but it works for me and full
documentation is included.

Let me know if you (tried to) use this and can suggest any improvements.

Jaap.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'master.pov.txt' (14 KB)