POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : looking for a s.pov tone wall Server Time
3 May 2024 15:00:47 EDT (-0400)
  looking for a s.pov tone wall (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: povray
Subject: looking for a s.pov tone wall
Date: 14 May 2006 17:57:20
Message: <pan.2006.05.14.14.33.52.544881@localhost>
I would like to make a stone wall in the pov language:
something like this picture (in the picture there is a female
in a bikini bottom and tank top - try to focus past her and
onto the fantastic stone wall behind her) :

 http://www.skins.be/wallpaper/rachel-bilson/23341/1024x768/

	Look at the colors: some stones have a hint of blue,
some orange, some pink.  If that chick weren't there it would
make a nice desktop wallpaper.  :)
	Does any one know do any already existing .pov code
to do this?  My first guess is to use a crackle pattern in
an isosurface for the basic shape, but then to texture each
stone individually would be difficult.
	Any link or hint would be appreciated
	Thanks in advance.

--
to all the companies who wait until a large user base becomes
dependent on their freeware, then shafting said happy campers with

Post a reply to this message

> Look at the colors: some stones have a hint of blue,
> some orange, some pink.  If that chick weren't there it would
> make a nice desktop wallpaper.  :)
> Does any one know do any already existing .pov code
> to do this?  My first guess is to use a crackle pattern in
> an isosurface for the basic shape, but then to texture each
> stone individually would be difficult.
> Any link or hint would be appreciated

try creating each brick seperately and placing them using a macro, that
gives you the chance to apply random color pigment to each.

--
POV Tips and Hints at ...