POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Painting a Blob Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:56:05 EDT (-0400)
  Painting a Blob (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: MichaelJF
Subject: Painting a Blob
Date: 2 Dec 2018 13:28:23
Message: <5c042447@news.povray.org>
Hi to the crowd,

here is an idea and the corresponding code, how one can convert an image
to a blob. I needed the Eye of Horus for an old idea I reinvestigate
now. I have forgotten that I solved this image to blob riddle two years
ago. But may be the one or other here is still interessted in this issue.

I used the image one can find at the English Wikipedia under the topic
"Eye of Horus", loaded it in the GIMP and painted a little bit at an
additional layer to mark the different materials. White for the
background, red for the reddish material and so on. I saved the result
in the image "gold.jpg" (see attached archive). Then I did the same to
have some elevations in the resulting blob ("Erhoehungen.png"). Finally
I scanned both images within POV using the eval_pigment function to
construct the blob. This took a (little) while, so I saved the resulting
blob in an include-file (not included in the archive, you have to run
the POV-file to create it).

Best regards
Michael

Post a reply to this message