POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Impossible cube Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:54:54 EDT (-0400)
  Impossible cube (Message 2 to 11 of 11)
From: Encore
Subject: Re: Impossible cube
Date: 13 Nov 2012 12:25:00
Message: <web.50a2822f545ec1bdd710adaf0@news.povray.org>
Ger <ger### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Here's the source.
>
> Enjoy.
>

> --
> Ger

Hello Ger,

Thanks a lot for your help but then again this is rendering code. How to I
generate an animation for this? Will I need an .ini file?

Alex

Post a reply to this message

From: Ger
Date: 13 Nov 2012 12:41:16
Message: <50a2863c$1@news.povray.org>
Encore wrote:

> Ger <ger### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Here's the source.
>>
>> Enjoy.
>>

>> --
>> Ger
>
> Hello Ger,
>
> Thanks a lot for your help but then again this is rendering code. How to I
> generate an animation for this? Will I need an .ini file?
>
> Alex

There should be 2 files attached to the post, one is the cube source, the
other the ini file.

--
Ger

Post a reply to this message

> > Thanks a lot for your help but then again this is rendering code. How to I
> > generate an animation for this? Will I need an .ini file?
> >
> > Alex
>
> There should be 2 files attached to the post, one is the cube source, the
> other the ini file.
>
> --
> Ger

nah unfortunately they both are the same file :P
But I am now using:
; POV-Ray animation ini file
Antialias=Off
Antialias_Threshold=0.1
Antialias_Depth=2

Input_File_Name="transpAttempt2.pov"

Initial_Frame=1
Final_Frame=300
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=3

Cyclic_Animation=on
Pause_when_Done=off

in an .ini file I made at I'm computing the bmp files at the moment. If you want
you can just verify I'm using the right code in my ini file. But so far the
result seems to be fine ;)

Post a reply to this message

>> > Thanks a lot for your help but then again this is rendering code. How
>> > to I generate an animation for this? Will I need an .ini file?
>> >
>> > Alex
>>
>> There should be 2 files attached to the post, one is the cube source, the
>> other the ini file.
>>
>> --
>> Ger
>
> nah unfortunately they both are the same file :P
> But I am now using:
> ; POV-Ray animation ini file
> Antialias=Off
> Antialias_Threshold=0.1
> Antialias_Depth=2
>
> Input_File_Name="transpAttempt2.pov"
>
> Initial_Frame=1
> Final_Frame=300
> Initial_Clock=0
> Final_Clock=3
>
> Cyclic_Animation=on
> Pause_when_Done=off
>
> in an .ini file I made at I'm computing the bmp files at the moment. If
> you want you can just verify I'm using the right code in my ini file. But
> so far the result seems to be fine ;)

I just checked and there was a second file attached called "cube.ini"
Running that will create a 720 frame animation. Btw, clock is not used, just
frame_number count.

--
Ger

Post a reply to this message

> >> There should be 2 files attached to the post, one is the cube source, the
> >> other the ini file.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ger
> >
> > nah unfortunately they both are the same file :P
> > But I am now using:
> > ; POV-Ray animation ini file
> > Antialias=Off
> > Antialias_Threshold=0.1
> > Antialias_Depth=2
> >
> > Input_File_Name="transpAttempt2.pov"
> >
> > Initial_Frame=1
> > Final_Frame=300
> > Initial_Clock=0
> > Final_Clock=3
> >
> > Cyclic_Animation=on
> > Pause_when_Done=off
> >
> > in an .ini file I made at I'm computing the bmp files at the moment. If
> > you want you can just verify I'm using the right code in my ini file. But
> > so far the result seems to be fine ;)
>
> I just checked and there was a second file attached called "cube.ini"
> Running that will create a 720 frame animation. Btw, clock is not used, just
> frame_number count.
>
> --
> Ger

This thread has two files named:
Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (11 KB)
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)

Your other thread holds an attachment called:
Attachments:
Download 'cube-hd480.mkv.dat' (2667 KB)

Post a reply to this message

>> > nah unfortunately they both are the same file :P
>> > But I am now using:
>> > ; POV-Ray animation ini file
>> > Antialias=Off
>> > Antialias_Threshold=0.1
>> > Antialias_Depth=2
>> >
>> > Input_File_Name="transpAttempt2.pov"
>> >
>> > Initial_Frame=1
>> > Final_Frame=300
>> > Initial_Clock=0
>> > Final_Clock=3
>> >
>> > Cyclic_Animation=on
>> > Pause_when_Done=off
>> >
>> > in an .ini file I made at I'm computing the bmp files at the moment. If
>> > you want you can just verify I'm using the right code in my ini file.
>> > But so far the result seems to be fine ;)
>>
>> I just checked and there was a second file attached called "cube.ini"
>> Running that will create a 720 frame animation. Btw, clock is not used,
>> just frame_number count.
>>
>> --
>> Ger
>
> This thread has two files named:
> Attachments:
> Download 'us-ascii' (11 KB)
> Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)
>
> Your other thread holds an attachment called:
> Attachments:
> Download 'cube-hd480.mkv.dat' (2667 KB)

The 11KB file is the source, the 1KB file is the ini. The mkv file is a full
blown animation of the cube.

--
Ger

Post a reply to this message

> The 11KB file is the source, the 1KB file is the ini. The mkv file is a full
> blown animation of the cube.
>
> --
> Ger

Yes i figured that, but if you check, you have the pov source in both the files!
:/

Post a reply to this message

>> The 11KB file is the source, the 1KB file is the ini. The mkv file is a
>> full blown animation of the cube.
>>
>> --
>> Ger
>
> Yes i figured that, but if you check, you have the pov source in both the
> files!
> :/
Hmmm, must be a case of news reader mess-up.

--
Ger

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 Nov 2012 14:09:35
Message: <50a29aef$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/11/2012 6:40 PM, Ger wrote:
> Hmmm, must be a case of news reader mess-up.

Yes, in Thunderbird I see cube.pov and cube.ini

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Ger
Date: 13 Nov 2012 14:28:21
Message: <50a29f55$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> On 13/11/2012 6:40 PM, Ger wrote:
>> Hmmm, must be a case of news reader mess-up.
>
> Yes, in Thunderbird I see cube.pov and cube.ini

Yeah, I figured as much.

--
Ger