POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Voronoi diagram Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:49:31 EDT (-0400)
  Voronoi diagram (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: stbenge
Subject: Voronoi diagram
Date: 8 Jun 2009 23:10:15
Message: <4a2dd297@news.povray.org>
Just your basic Voronoi diagram, POV-style. Probably not the best
implementation, but here nevertheless :)

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'voronoia.pov.txt' (2 KB)

From: Trevor G Quayle
Subject: Re: Voronoi diagram
Date: 9 Jun 2009 14:40:00
Message: <web.4a2eac2b78ab647581c811d20@news.povray.org>
stbenge <" <-"@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Just your basic Voronoi diagram, POV-style. Probably not the best
> implementation, but here nevertheless :)
>
> Sam

I haven't looked at your code yet.  However, are you aware that the standard
crackle pattern in POV is a 3D Voronoi set?  It doesn't quite work as one would
want as a 2D voronoi pattern though.  I did try my inexperienced hand at
modifying POV and the crackle pattern to create a 2D version with limited
success as it does have some useful applications that the 3D version isn't
quite as well suited for.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

>> Just your basic Voronoi diagram, POV-style. Probably not the best
>> implementation, but here nevertheless :)
>>
>> Sam
>
> I haven't looked at your code yet.  However, are you aware that the standard
> crackle pattern in POV is a 3D Voronoi set?  It doesn't quite work as one would
> want as a 2D voronoi pattern though.  I did try my inexperienced hand at
> modifying POV and the crackle pattern to create a 2D version with limited
> success as it does have some useful applications that the 3D version isn't
> quite as well suited for.

I'm quite aware that POV's crackle pattern is a Voronoi set :) I like to
expand my knowledge so that I might come up with something new someday.
There's no telling what kind of associations might make themselves
apparent in the future. Besides, programming keeps my mind focused on
better things ;)

Sam