POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Smarties Photo Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:05:15 EDT (-0400)
  Smarties Photo (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Josh
Subject: Smarties Photo
Date: 1 Oct 2004 07:28:42
Message: <415d3f6a@news.povray.org>
I'm hoping this was actually the working version I used.  I've had a number
of versions laying around, and this computer does not have povray installed
so I cant be sure.  It should be enough to get you going.

#include "colors.inc"
#include "functions.inc"

/*
// had a jitter in the curve
#declare MySpline =
  spline {
    cubic_spline
     -.1,<-.31,1.2,.2>,
     0,<-.31,1,.2>,
     .4,<-.31,-.30,.2>,
     .5,<-.31,-.31,-.2>,
     1,<-.31,-.31,-15>,
     1.25,<-.31,-.31,-20>
  }
*/

/*
// turned the jitter into a step back and then run
#declare MySpline =
  spline {
    cubic_spline
     -.1,<-.31,1.2,.2>,
     0,<-.31,1,.2>,
     .4,<-.31,-.29,.2>,
     .6,<-.31,-.31,-.2>,
     1,<-.31,-.31,-15>,
     1.25,<-.31,-.31,-20>
  }
*/
#declare MySpline =
  spline {
    cubic_spline
     -.1, <-.31,        1.2,    .2>,
     0,   <-.31,        1,      .2>,
     .4,  <-.31,        -.20,   .2>,
     .6,  <-.31,        -.31,   -.4>,
     1,   <-.31,        -.31,   -15>,
     1.25,<-.31,        -.31,   -20>
  }

//camera { location  <-.31,-.31 ,clock> look_at   <1, 0,  0> }
camera  { location MySpline(clock) look_at <1,0,00> }

light_source {<-20, 10, -40> White media_interaction false}
light_source {<20, 0, 40> White}

#declare myPig = pigment {
        image_map        {
                        gif "pearce_270.gif"
                        map_type 0
                        }
        scale <20,14,1>
        translate <-10,7,0>
        };

#declare snake =
        texture {
                pigment {
                        myPig
                        }
                finish  {
                        reflection { 0.01,0.1 }
                        specular 0.5
                        }
                };

/*
//  UNCOMMENT THIS BOX TO SEE THE TEXTURE ON A BOX IN THE SAME ORIENTATION
box     {
        <-10,-7,0>,
        <10,7,.1>
        texture { snake }
        }

*/

#declare fn_test = function {
        pigment {
                myPig
                }
};

#declare myX = -10;
#while(myX <=10)

        #declare myY = -7;
        #while(myY <= 7)

/*
                sphere  {
                        <myX,myY,0>,
                        .1
                        scale <1,1,.5>
                        texture {
                                pigment { rgb fn_test(myX,myY,0) }
                                finish  { reflection { 0.01,0.1 } specular
0.5 }
                                }

                        }
*/
                sphere  {
                        <0,0,0>,
                        .1
                        scale <1,1,.5>
                        rotate <0,clock*(180),0>
                        translate <myX,myY,0>
                        texture {
                                pigment { rgb fn_test(myX,myY,0) }
                                finish  { reflection { 0.01,0.1 } specular
0.5 }
                                }

                        }

                #declare myY = myY + .2;
        #end

        #declare myX = myX + .2;
#end

#declare lx = -10 + (20*clock);
#declare ly = -7 + (14*clock);

/*
box     {
        <-10 ,7 , 0>,
        <10  ,-7, -7>
        texture { pigment { Clear } }

        hollow
        interior{
                media   {    // atmospheric media sample
                        intervals 10
                        scattering { 1, rgb 0.03 }
                        samples 1, 10
                        confidence 0.9999
                        variance 1/1000
                        ratio 0.9
                        }
                }

        }
*/

//sphere { <lx,-.5,0>,1 texture { pigment { White } } scale <1,1,10>}

/*
union   {
        difference      {
                        sphere  {
                                <0,0,0>,2
                                }
                        sphere  {
                                <0,0,0>,1.9
                                }
                        box     {
                                <-.05,2,0>,
                                <.05,-2,-3>
                                }
                        }
        light_source    {
                        <0,0,0>
                        White*3
                        //spotlight
                        media_interaction true
                        //point_at <lx,-.5,0>
                        //radius     1
                        //tightness .2
                        //falloff 4
                        }
        rotate <0,clock * 360 * 2,0>
        translate <lx, -.5, 10>
        }
*/

   pigment_pattern

Post a reply to this message

> I'm hoping this was actually the working version I used.  I've had a number
> of versions laying around, and this computer does not have povray installed
> so I cant be sure.  It should be enough to get you going.

> */
>
>    pigment_pattern

"pearce_270.gif" is missing...

Post a reply to this message