POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : SSS Media Code Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:44:20 EDT (-0400)
  SSS Media Code (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Andy Cocker
Subject: SSS Media Code
Date: 3 Dec 2003 07:45:32
Message: <3fcddaec$1@news.povray.org>
For those that requested it, here's the media settings that I used for my SSS images.
The most important setting is Media_Density. This is dependant on the size of your
object..
adjust as neccessary.
Oh, and of course, don't forget to make sure your object is not inside a non-hollow
object!!

#declare Obj_Col = <1,0.6,0.2>;
#declare Obj_Absorption = 1-Obj_Col;
#declare Media_Density = 6.5;

#declare SSS_Material =
material {
  texture {
     pigment { rgb Obj_Col filter 1}
     finish {specular 0.5  roughness 0.2 ambient 0.3 reflection {0.0,0.5 fresnel}
conserve_energy }
     }
interior {ior 1.3
     media {