POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : newbie, how to post scene with multiple component files? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:37:58 EDT (-0400)
  newbie, how to post scene with multiple component files? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bill Hails
Subject: newbie, how to post scene with multiple component files?
Date: 3 Feb 2003 19:07:13
Message: <3e3f0430@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm new to this group, having only discovered povray a
few weeks ago, but I've laboured over my first scene and I'd
like to share it with you, for constructive criticism and
comment.
However it's made up of a number of separate .inc files and
also a few .png's for textures (stained glass windows) that were
easier to do using xfig.
I could attach a .tgz but I'm sure I heard somewhere that you
shouldn't post attachments to newsgroups?
Any thoughts?
--
Bill

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, I'm new to this group, having only discovered povray a
> few weeks ago, but I've laboured over my first scene and I'd
> like to share it with you, for constructive criticism and
> comment.
> However it's made up of a number of separate .inc files and
> also a few .png's for textures (stained glass windows) that were
> easier to do using xfig.
> I could attach a .tgz but I'm sure I heard somewhere that you
> shouldn't post attachments to newsgroups?
> Any thoughts?

You may post attachments if you post to the correct group. In the case
of scene files you should post them to povray.binaries.scene-files. It
would help if you can compress them into a popular archive format like
a .zip file but it is not absolutely mandatory. Multiple attachments to
a single posting is possible and preferred if you don't provide it in a
compressed file format.

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group