POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Intersecting a sphere Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:31:48 EDT (-0400)
  Intersecting a sphere (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Marius Vinsdal
Subject: Intersecting a sphere
Date: 31 Jul 2001 14:22:43
Message: <3b66f773@news.povray.org>
how can I make an aspherical lens?

The sphere should have a radius on 206 mm, making a lens with 90mm in
diameter, when you intersect it. (this leaves a lens thicknesson approx.
7mm).

The lens should make a focal point, 500mm away from the lens, on the image
side, cathering sylindrical, paralell light beams on the object side. (70mm
away from the lens).

Thankful for any help.

Marius

Post a reply to this message