POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : My "turning images into CSG-able 3D texture" example Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:53:33 EDT (-0400)
  My "turning images into CSG-able 3D texture" example (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bob H
Subject: My "turning images into CSG-able 3D texture" example
Date: 8 Mar 2001 08:59:40
Message: <3aa7904c@news.povray.org>
// Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer Scene Description File
// File: imagelisttexture.pov
// Vers: 3.1
// Desc: creates pigment based on images from a list file supplied by user
// Date: 2001.18
// Auth: Bob Hughes
// Mail: omn### [at] charternet
// Note: list file must be in comma delimited format and have 256 entry
limit
/* contents of images.lst need to look like this:

"something",
"another",
"etcetera",
"omega"

of course change file type below as wanted, whatever else too
*/

#version 3.1;

#declare In=0; // predefine variables
#declare N=0;

#fopen IL "c:\images.lst" read
 #while (defined(IL))
  #declare In=int(In+1); // count entries
  #read (IL,V) // null
 #end
#fclose IL // reset

#declare Images= // pigment name
        pigment {gradient z // any pattern
                pigment_map {
#fopen IL "c:\images.lst" read
 #while (defined(IL))
  #declare N=(N+1); // pre-index number
 #read (IL, I)
  #declare StringI=I // the file name
 [N/In image_map {png StringI
         filter all 0 // options
         once
        }               ]
 #end
        }
 }

difference { // test with CSG animation
box {0,1}
sphere {<1.75-(clock*2.5),1.75-(clock*2.5),0>,1}
 pigment {Images}
    translate -.5 scale 2 //rotate <90,45,0>
}

camera {
        location -5*z
        right x up y