POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Photon Problems? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Photon Problems? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: earthdog
Subject: Photon Problems?
Date: 10 Jul 2002 09:04:57
Message: <3D2C3100.1080705@NOSPAMevil3d.net>
I have some strange artifacts here.  Are photons the problem?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)

From: ingo
Subject: Re: Photon Problems?
Date: 10 Jul 2002 09:48:21
Message: <Xns9247A165DB2Dseed7@povray.org>
in news:3D2### [at] NOSPAMevil3dnet earthdog wrote:

> I have some strange artifacts here.  Are photons the problem?

Looks to like the main problem is that your light_source is very close to
the object. If you change its position to <100,100,-100> it looks good.
Another option would be decreasing spacing (you only need one of the two,
spacing or count). Yet another option is changing the target on the sphere
to target 0.1. Also you can toy with gather, try gather 200,1000. All
solutions make that you gather more photons.

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

> in news:3D2### [at] NOSPAMevil3dnet earthdog wrote:
>

>>I have some strange artifacts here.  Are photons the problem?
>

> Looks to like the main problem is that your light_source is very close to
> the object. If you change its position to <100,100,-100> it looks good.
> Another option would be decreasing spacing (you only need one of the two,
> spacing or count). Yet another option is changing the target on the sphere
> to target 0.1. Also you can toy with gather, try gather 200,1000. All
> solutions make that you gather more photons.
>
> Ingo

Thank you.  I'll try it now.  I was fairly lost here.

-- Jeff