POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Help me! bitmap/gif/tar as texture? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 11:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Help me! bitmap/gif/tar as texture? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
Subject: Help me! bitmap/gif/tar as texture?
Date: 4 Oct 2000 11:18:43
Message: <39db4a53@news.povray.org>
How can I load a bitmap or another file as texture?
Could you give me a example?

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Help me! bitmap/gif/tar as texture?
Date: 4 Oct 2000 11:20:40
Message: <39DB49C2.5786C3C7@pacbell.net>

> How can I load a bitmap or another file as texture?
> Could you give me a example?

Image maps in the pigment statement. A good tutorial on the
subject here - http://members.xoom.com/yang4yang/pov/imap1.html

From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Oct 2000 11:20:51
Message: <slrn8tminq.eoq.ron.parker@fwi.com>

>How can I load a bitmap or another file as texture?
>Could you give me a example?

Still not the right newsgroup, but what the heck...

tar, no.  tar isn't a bitmap format.  To use bmp or gif as a texture,
please see "image_map" in the POV manual.  There are even some examples.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.
Proudly not helping RIAA and SDMI steal my rights --
  http://www.eff.org/Misc/EFF/Newsletters/EFFector/HTML/effect13.08.html

Post a reply to this message

> >How can I load a bitmap or another file as texture?
> >Could you give me a example?
>
> Still not the right newsgroup, but what the heck...
>
> tar, no.  tar isn't a bitmap format.  To use bmp or gif as a texture,
> please see "image_map" in the POV manual.  There are even some examples.
>
> --
> Ron Parker   http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/traces.html
> My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.
> Proudly not helping RIAA and SDMI steal my rights --
>   http://www.eff.org/Misc/EFF/Newsletters/EFFector/HTML/effect13.08.html

Didn't they take out the Gif format due to legal stuff?

Post a reply to this message

> Didn't they take out the Gif format due to legal stuff?

Only within MegaPOV, since version 0.5a

Bouf.

Post a reply to this message