POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : REQ: Scene files useful for benchmarking Server Time
8 Jul 2024 11:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  REQ: Scene files useful for benchmarking (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Halbert
Subject: REQ: Scene files useful for benchmarking
Date: 10 Sep 2000 19:40:00
Message: <39bc1bd0@news.povray.org>
I need some scenes I can use for benchmarking different compiled versions.
Anyone got any thow-away stuff?

--

http://www.capital.net/~hhawkins

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: REQ: Scene files useful for benchmarking
Date: 11 Sep 2000 06:01:11
Message: <39BCADA3.7970E193@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Halbert wrote:

> I need some scenes I can use for benchmarking different compiled versions.
> Anyone got any thow-away stuff?

The skyvase.pov scene from the povray sample scenes is a common benchmark for
processors, for testing the different compilations, it is important to know what
parts of the rendering engine are most important for you (it would not be very
useful to test a scene with isosurfaces and photons if you are not using any
megapov features at all).

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>