POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povmodeler Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:57:22 EDT (-0400)
  povmodeler (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: eticre
Subject: povmodeler
Date: 3 Dec 2018 17:25:00
Message: <web.5c05ac0068e3c02c37e6c5840@news.povray.org>
hello everyone

I just finished a review of kpovmodeler
I removed all kde dependency
if anyone wants test...

git clone https://github.com/eticre/povmodeler.git
cd povmodeler
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
make -j4
make install
~/.local/share/povmodeler/povmodeler

tested on archlinux

all files installed are in ~/.local/share/povmodeler

Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 4 Dec 2018 06:45:00
Message: <web.5c066815f7e9e652e43b71790@news.povray.org>
hi,

"eticre" <eti### [at] tinit> wrote:
> hello everyone
>
> I just finished a review of kpovmodeler
> I removed all kde dependency
> if anyone wants test...

first off, thank you.  a modelling s/ware is high on my wish list.

> git clone https://github.com/eticre/povmodeler.git
> cd povmodeler
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake ../
> make -j4
> make install
> ~/.local/share/povmodeler/povmodeler
>
> tested on archlinux
>
> all files installed are in ~/.local/share/povmodeler

I get an error due, it seems, to the name of one library.
since I don't know CMake well enough, I've no idea why it
finds the correct library (libGL) but then tries to link
against a different one (libOpenGL).  any ideas?

jr@crow:23:b$ cmake ../povmodeler/
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib64/libX11.so;/usr/lib64/libXext.so
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib64/libX11.so;/usr/lib64/libXext.so -
found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /usr/lib64/libX11.so
-- Found OpenGL: /usr/lib64/libGL.so
-- Found Freetype: /usr/lib64/libfreetype.so (found version "2.5.5")
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /tmp/B/b
jr@crow:24:b$ make -j2
[100%] Built target povmodelerpart
[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/povmodeler.dir/povmodeler_automoc.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable povmodeler
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-slackware-linux/4.8.2/../../../../x86_64-slackware-linux/bin/ld:
cannot find -lOpenGL
make[2]: *** [povmodeler] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/povmodeler.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message