POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : AVX2 benefits for Povray? Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:34:10 EDT (-0400)
  AVX2 benefits for Povray? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: jhu
Subject: AVX2 benefits for Povray?
Date: 2 Aug 2012 14:35:00
Message: <web.501ac6f62ad0663919d10cf70@news.povray.org>
What are your thoughts on this? The upcoming AVX2 instructions have
gather/scatter and integer support which should make autovectorization easier.
Do you think Povray will be able to gain appreciable performance from this?
Would Povray benefit (if at all) from gather/scatter?

Post a reply to this message