POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Overlapping multiple generated scenes Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:34:03 EDT (-0400)
  Overlapping multiple generated scenes (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: sic2
Subject: Overlapping multiple generated scenes
Date: 23 Apr 2012 09:35:01
Message: <web.4f95597b82f5bc2f8eeefc090@news.povray.org>
This is the code I have written so far:

#declare Index = 0;
#declare offset_index = 30;

#while(Index < 90)
  difference {

   sphere {
           <1, 0, -6>, 0.5
           finish {
                   ambient 0.1
                   diffuse 0.6
           }
           pigment { NeonPink }
   }
  // Cutting plane
  #declare rgb_coeff = 255;
  plane {
   // http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.0/297/
   <0, 0, 1>, -7 // This will vary depening on the index
   pigment {
                  rgb <Index/rgb_coeff, Index/rgb_coeff, Index/rgb_coeff>
          }
         translate <0, 0, 1>
  }

  }  // end difference
        #declare Index = Index + offset_index;
#end // end while-loop

What I am aiming to get is to cut the same scene multiple times at different
depths and getting the cut scene (the scene is cut using a plane). Then I want
to take all the cut scenes (from the one cut to its farthest point to the one
cut at its closest point) and overlap all of them.
I should then get a depth map with different grays like this one:
http://www.dofpro.com/tutorials/chessDM.jpg

How do I go about getting the different cut scenes and put all of them
together?

Thank you very much in advance.

Post a reply to this message

> What I am aiming to get is to cut the same scene multiple times at different
> depths and getting the cut scene (the scene is cut using a plane). Then I want
> to take all the cut scenes (from the one cut to its farthest point to the one
> cut at its closest point) and overlap all of them.
> I should then get a depth map with different grays like this one:
> http://www.dofpro.com/tutorials/chessDM.jpg

This newsgroup is intended for discussions about the POV-Ray source
code. For questions related to using POV-Ray's scene description
language, please use povray.newusers, povray.advanced-users, or
povray.general (I'll post a reply there in a few moments).