POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : any way use povray in visual basic Server Time: 19 Aug 2019 14:54:47 GMT
  any way use povray in visual basic (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: ricky312
Subject: any way use povray in visual basic
Date: 5 Aug 2010 07:20:00
Message: <web.4c5a6528f431f4c0824827c70@news.povray.org>
i know there must be a way to do it because i have seen programs with user
interfaces that use pov-ray moray for instance. is there maybe a plugin for
visual basic(free version)or do i have to do it all in c++.
thanks in advance.

Post a reply to this message

> i know there must be a way to do it because i have seen programs with user
> interfaces that use pov-ray moray for instance. is there maybe a plugin for
> visual basic(free version)or do i have to do it all in c++.

you can just shell out and call the povray executable.
In fact, I think for licensing reasons you need to do
it like that anyway.

If you wish to implement a "GUI extension" it will probably be
more convenient to use C/C++ (although the pvguiext.h api looks
like could access it via P/Invoke from VB.NET).

Post a reply to this message