POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Simple way to make POV-Ray for windows work in command line mode Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:47:20 EDT (-0400)
  Simple way to make POV-Ray for windows work in command line mode (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: PerNyblom
Subject: Simple way to make POV-Ray for windows work in command line mode
Date: 1 Dec 2009 03:05:00
Message: <web.4b14cd5db06b1c31384d1150@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I just wanted to share how I solved the problem of making POV-Ray work in
command line mode in windows.

I added another windows command line switch "/CMDMODE" by adding a boolean
variable "command_line_mode" and the following code in pvtext.cpp:

if (stricmp (commandstr, "CMDMODE") == 0)
      {
        command_line_mode = true ;
        while (*s == ' ')
          s++ ;
        continue ;
      }

In pvengine.cpp I added the following piece of code after the "switch
(placement.showCmd)" part:

placement.showCmd = show_state ;
if (command_line_mode) {
    placement.showCmd = SW_HIDE;
}

I also removed the splash screen completely but you can test for
command_line_mode there as well I guess.

Post a reply to this message

> I also removed the splash screen completely but you can test for
> command_line_mode there as well I guess.

Which makes that version violate the POV-Ray license if you distribute it.

	Thorsten, POV-Team

Post a reply to this message