POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : negative index of refraction Server Time
5 May 2024 11:42:14 EDT (-0400)
  negative index of refraction (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: negative index of refraction
Date: 25 Aug 2005 13:23:27
Message: <430dfe8f$1@news.povray.org>
Le Forgeron wrote:

> Best so far: http://www.answers.com/topic/metamaterial

The only thing I have seen so far that even remotely fits the
meta-materials description (with negative refraction) is something on
the scale of microwaves (which looks like a grid of printed circuit
boards), unless opal does. Opal seems to show irridescent-like
properties (gee, opalescense?), but none of the weirder properties that
the described metamaterial has. I don't know if microwaves refract in
the same fashion as light does, though I'm sure there are theoretical
materials that refract microwaves.

---
~Mike

Things! Billions of them!