POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Executing Povray from Java program Server Time
1 Jun 2024 18:49:47 EDT (-0400)
  Executing Povray from Java program (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: nvervell
Subject: Executing Povray from Java program
Date: 27 Nov 2004 06:55:01
Message: <web.41a869a24bf6a9e757dde2410@news.povray.org>
I want to run Povray from a Java program with a command line in the form:

I use the Runtime.exec(String) method and it works fine when input and
output files do not contain white spaces.
So I tried several other methods :

Works under Windows but not under Linux

Does not work under Windows (Linux not tested)

+W800, +H600 }
Works under Windows but not under Linux

Is there a way to run correctly Povray from a Java program ?

I had a quicklook at povray source code and it seems there is some tweaking
made on the command line arguments.

TIA for any help.
Nicolas

Post a reply to this message