POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : creating a 2 jigsaw puzzles w/o modeling... Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  creating a 2 jigsaw puzzles w/o modeling... (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: incognito
Subject: creating a 2 jigsaw puzzles w/o modeling...
Date: 15 Aug 2004 23:45:00
Message: <web.41202d5d96e9010a55d024bf0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I was wondering how I can repeat a puzzle piece to create an
entire puzzle. For example, I want to create one 30 piece puzzle (5 rows by
6 cols) and then another 32 piece w/different dimensions. Taking the first
case, I could create all the corner pieces individually but then the piece
at (1,1) could be identical to (4,1) reflected over the x axis. Is it worth
trying to use a loop for the edge pieces at all? Is it worth trying to use
a loop for all the non-edge pieces? Is it easier to just try to create all
the pieces individually since there are 62?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Post a reply to this message

> I was wondering how I can repeat a puzzle piece to create an
> entire puzzle. For example, I want to create one 30 piece puzzle (5 rows by
> 6 cols) and then another 32 piece w/different dimensions. Taking the first
> case, I could create all the corner pieces individually but then the piece
> at (1,1) could be identical to (4,1) reflected over the x axis. Is it worth
> trying to use a loop for the edge pieces at all? Is it worth trying to use
> a loop for all the non-edge pieces? Is it easier to just try to create all
> the pieces individually since there are 62?
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.

Just to clarify my message above, I am using the following conventions: the
first row is row 0 and the first column is col 0.