POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Web plugin proposal Server Time
28 Jun 2024 01:57:26 EDT (-0400)
  Web plugin proposal (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Klemen
Subject: Web plugin proposal
Date: 7 Aug 2004 05:30:01
Message: <web.4114a0d69a4f5b7b4785f90d0@news.povray.org>
I was just wondering about an application of POV-Ray. Could there be a
plugin extension to a web browser that would support parsing a tag with
some POV code in it on the client machine?

For example, to have images rendered on the client machine after loading the
page? The user would then be able to resize the picture at will,
rerendering with different parameters.

The other is to use a POV extenstion for web servers - imagine having
something like a PHP extension which you'd be able to feed with parameters
and POV code and let it output an image you could then send to the client
browser as a normal PNG/JPEG image.

Is such an idea feasible or too narrow an application to use? I'm not a C++
programmer, nor am I familiar with writing extensions to open-source
software, but humour me with some comments on the proposal.

-Klemen

Post a reply to this message