POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Broken Mac OS X build - help appreciated Server Time
16 Apr 2024 04:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Broken Mac OS X build - help appreciated (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: clipka
Subject: Broken Mac OS X build - help appreciated
Date: 11 Feb 2019 14:26:47
Message: <5c61cc77$1@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

Commit 5219e71c does not compile on Mac OS X, and I'm not really sure why.

The build runs into a compile error in `base/image/jpeg.cpp`, in which
`TRUE` is passed to a JPEG lib function parameter of type `boolean`.

Now by some quirks of the include hierarchy, a header file
`mach/boolean.h` is pulled in (apparently _after_ `<jpeglib.h>`), and
defines `TRUE` as `1`, while JPEGlib apparently wants it to be... well,
something else apparently, fitting the type `boolean` - whatever that
might end up being defined as.

I'll be pushing a workaround any moment now, but I'd really like to know
what's going on there. If someone with better access to a Mac system (or
maybe just a different pair of Mk1 eyeballs) could have a look into
this, I'd greatly appreciate it.