POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re-Writing the BRICKS Pattern Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re-Writing the BRICKS Pattern (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Re-Writing the BRICKS Pattern
Date: 4 Apr 2018 08:28:09
Message: <5ac4c4d9$1@news.povray.org>
My suggestion is, to make a small change on the BRICKS pattern to allow
- when stated inside a TEXTURE block - to accept textures and not only
pigments.

This would make it very easy to use the BRICKS pattern to generate
wooden planks for decks and floors. In fact, not only wooden planks are
then possible, but any texture, like stones, glasses, and so on.

It could be this way:

texture
{
 brick // this pattern is just ideal for planks
 MyWoodTexture
 MyTarInbetweenTexture
 brick_size < 5.00, 0.02, 0.40 > // that equals now to plank size
 mortar 0.01 scale 3.0 // thickness of the material between planks

}

Also wondering if there is a way to "remote-control" textures from the
outside with parameters, similar to how MACRO allows to manipulate an
object from the outside with parameters. This could save us of having to
re-declare entire textures. With parameters, I could decide (for the
above example) which wood texture I want to use.

---
http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message