POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling 3.7 RC7 with Visual Studio Express 2012 Server Time
16 Apr 2024 07:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling 3.7 RC7 with Visual Studio Express 2012 (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Compiling 3.7 RC7 with Visual Studio Express 2012
Date: 14 Jul 2015 06:46:59
Message: <55a4e8a3$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/06/2015 19:23, atlaste wrote:
> scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
>> There are a few steps I needed to take to get this to work correctly.
>> This isn't necessarily the best way or the only way, it's simply what I
>> did to get it working.
>>
>> [... step 1-9 ...]
>
> Just tried it with VS2013. Still doesn't build, you need a few more steps for
> that. Here's the stuff you need in addition to the earlier steps:

Thanks for that, it prompted me to load up the latest source into VS
Community Edition 2013.

> 10. Fix msvc.h:
>
>    #elif _MSC_VER >= 1800 && _MSC_VER < 1900
>   #define COMPILER_VER                      ".msvc13"
>   #define METADATA_COMPILER_STRING          "msvc 13"
>    #else
>
> 11. Search for 'using std::min'. Above the 'namespace', add '#include
> <algorithm>'.

I needed to add the #include to ImfHeader.h too otherwise I got lots of
errors about std::min and std::max.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 31 Jul 2015 12:16:45
Message: <55bb9f6d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.07.2015 um 19:41 schrieb atlaste:

> I guess that a better solution would be to use a #define with a namespace based
> on the compiler; still, I didn't really feel like making such a huge change
> yesterday.

I'm sure that's the right way to go though.

> If you browse through my changes, you'll notice that I I haven't changed the
> boost libraries themselves and only changed a handful of things. From the top of
> my mind:
>
> - std::smart_ptr

I guess you mean std::shared_ptr, right?

> - std::vector
> - std::bind, std::placeholder::_*
>
> All of these are well supported iirc, and I've checked the features that are
> used for incompatible use. Still, if you know a better solution than my
> solution, please be my guest.

No, they're not; they're entirely C++11 specific (except for
std::vector; dunno where you found something else; but let's please keep
the "std::" out of the code for that one, as it's too frequently used.
Also, I don't know about std::placeholder; never heard of it before).

Post a reply to this message