POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : --- Server Time
1 Jun 2024 18:33:02 EDT (-0400)
  --- (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Feature request - enhanced #read
Date: 1 Nov 2004 09:17:18
Message: <4186456e@news.povray.org>
In article <web.4183fec768cddc69b0aac12c0@news.povray.org> , "Przemek
Loesch" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Recently I've written a C++ library to parse DXF ASCII files. Hoped it can
> be "translated" into SDL. Unfortunately currently there is no possibility
> of reading DXF's because of #read directive limits. The problem is
> generally that string has to be quote delimited. Many of ASCII file formats
> use strings and all other stuff without quotes and with different types of
> separators. All this can be parsed and converted into proper values if we
> could for example read whole line into string.
> Here is an example of DXF file (part of):

This is the wrong group for this question.  This group is for discussion of
the POV-Ray source code.  Questions about using the POV-Ray scene
description language or ray-tracing in general should be asked in either
povray.general or povray.newusers.  Feature requests and feature suggestions
should be placed in povray.general.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg