POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : My apoligies (can we talk reasonably again?) Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:09:32 EDT (-0400)
  My apoligies (can we talk reasonably again?) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: W ieser W olfgang
Subject: My apoligies (can we talk reasonably again?)
Date: 8 Jul 2004 13:21:01
Message: <40ed827c@news.povray.org>
Hello POV-team (and especially Christoph and Thorsten)

I just re-read "my" previous thread "about POV source" and hereby want
to apologize for any inapropriate formulations used by me as well as
for headache, eye strain and sleepness hours I may have caused in
consequence.
I promise to (do my best to) no go on "complaining about [you] on
p.programming" in the future.

Please keep in mind that my primary interest lies in POVRay improvement
but I see that my postings may sometimes give a different impression.
I'll do my best to aviod that in the future (and stay calm and don't post
when I'm too tired...)

But let me add some honest (and clear) words:

Christoph: I think you should try to give people a bit more the impression
that their bug reports are important. As an answer from you I had expected
something like...
"Seems we somehow missed these fixes already reported by you earlier.
However, due to our fixed release plan they won't be integrated until the
next release. As for your statement about publication of source: this has
already been discussed but we believe that there are stronger reasons
which made us decide against it."

Thorsten: Given the fact that you are one of the hand full major POV
developers, you might try to give more the inpression of being a "wise
man". (Please be honest to yourself and not angry about me for saying
that.)

Let's all to better next time (TM).

...so can we talk again in a reasonable way?

Regards,
Wolfgang

PS: As for me personally, there is no need for anybody to apologize to me
but I would appreciate a small comment from Thorsten/Christoph (news
or via PM).

Post a reply to this message