POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Persistence of objects like in MegaPov 0.6 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:09:23 EDT (-0400)
  Persistence of objects like in MegaPov 0.6 (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: H  Karsten
Subject: Persistence of objects like in MegaPov 0.6
Date: 31 Jan 2011 19:50:01
Message: <web.4d47581533c5bd0da3bfeb720@news.povray.org>
A lot of functions has being cutted of from MegaPov doing from Version 0.6 to
1.something, by redesign the code.

One of the features, I'm really missing is the "Persistence of objects"
function, as I described here:
http://news.povray.org/web.4b1ca29f234deab6da6353d60%40news.povray.org

After that Christian Froeschlin has wrote an answer. He already has done an even
better code. Read this:

http://news.povray.org/4b1cbc54%241%40news.povray.org

So, the code is already there.

I'll would love to have this function back on in newer versions of PovRay.

Sometimes the parsing of my geometry takes more then 30minutes!

Best rgds,
Holger