POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature req.: DLLs/SOs as user defined functions Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Feature req.: DLLs/SOs as user defined functions (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mircode
Subject: Feature req.: DLLs/SOs as user defined functions
Date: 20 Nov 2010 16:30:00
Message: <web.4ce83cc1eba1831ab54def070@news.povray.org>
Hi there!

I already posted this into the unofficial patches section but I think it fits
better here. But I don't want to open a new thread.

http://news.povray.org/povray.unofficial.patches/thread/%3Cweb.4ce7d82a3d7366653f6f52ea0%40news.povray.org%3E/

In short:

I would very much like the ability to include external functions (DLLs/SOs) as
user defined functions.

In addition, a new function object (besides isosurface and parametric) can be
created. Povray hands start point and direction vector of a ray to a function
and the function returns the point of intersection with the object (and maybe
the slope).

Peas out!

Post a reply to this message