POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Stereoscopic Camera Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Stereoscopic Camera (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: tlgreif
Subject: Stereoscopic Camera
Date: 25 Sep 2010 05:20:01
Message: <web.4c9dbdf910559c9a7ff9c4210@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray 4 should include a stereoscopic camera for generating separate left eye
and right eye views of a scenery. We at University of Basel have developed such
an extension for POV-Ray 3.9 already based on the publications of Paul Bourke at
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/miscellaneous/stereographics/povcameras/.
The code has been optimized such that the computation is faster. One of our
s3d-films can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkCo982_cl0.

Post a reply to this message

> POV-Ray 4 should include a stereoscopic camera for generating separate left eye
> and right eye views of a scenery. We at University of Basel have developed such
> an extension for POV-Ray 3.9 already based on the publications of Paul Bourke at
                            ^^^
I doubt this ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> POV-Ray 4 should include a stereoscopic camera for generating separate left eye
> and right eye views of a scenery. We at University of Basel have developed such
> an extension for POV-Ray 3.9 already based on the publications of Paul Bourke at
> http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/miscellaneous/stereographics/povcameras/.
> The code has been optimized such that the computation is faster. One of our
> s3d-films can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkCo982_cl0.

If they only were to insert the full feature set of MegaPov, you'd probably have
what you're after.  The camera_view pigment would do well here for some
"advanced", "serious" uses of povray.