POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Real-micro-poly-displacement based on patterns and pictures Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:36:38 EDT (-0400)
  Real-micro-poly-displacement based on patterns and pictures (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: H  Karsten
Subject: Real-micro-poly-displacement based on patterns and pictures
Date: 17 Nov 2009 22:30:00
Message: <web.4b03699294dd874dda6353d60@news.povray.org>
When like to have displacement instead of bump-mapping, you need to use
iso-surfaces.

Having real-micro-poly-displacement like having a normal{}, or a finish{} for
every object would be cool.

BTW.: The PixarRenderman uses real-micro-poly-displacement to generate
motion blur instead of multisampling of objects like MegaPov does. Its extreme
fast and the quality is *much* better. First and foremost, if you compare the
render times of these options, having the same quality.

Holger

Post a reply to this message