POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : n dimensions in a spline Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  n dimensions in a spline (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: H  Karsten
Subject: n dimensions in a spline
Date: 1 Nov 2009 20:55:01
Message: <web.4aee3bcc42bfa556da6353d60@news.povray.org>
Just in the Post before, I defined a spline like:

#declare Spline=spline{
natural_spline
0,<0,0>
1,<2.5,0>
10,<50,0>
}

In the example I used only _one_ (the first) value of the spline.

It is not possible in PovRay to define a one-dimensional spline, so I need to
use (like in this case) the Spline.u(catch_it) syntax to get the first value,
while _never_ using the second one.

Also, it is not possible to make a spline with ten dimensions, or one hundred...

N-Dimensional splines can save memory, speed and enhance the possibilities in
PovRay.

The syntax could look like: Spline.9(catch_that!) for the 9th dimension.

It would be a fine thing ;)

The power-choice would be, to define different spline-types for different
dimensions. (natual_spline for the first, linear_spline for the second...)

Ok... maybe to extreme.

Holger.