POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Coordinates Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Coordinates (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: em-sigma
Subject: Coordinates
Date: 12 May 2009 08:40:00
Message: <web.4a096d081e8a59a1529711690@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

maybe I missed the proposal, but what about a new set of coordinates.

Currently there are only global coordinates, which is fine, but additional local
coordinates would be very useful.

Cheers, em-sigma

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Coordinates
Date: 12 May 2009 16:15:00
Message: <web.4a09d855a9a80fbc1f9594820@news.povray.org>
"em-sigma" <em-### [at] webde> wrote:
> Currently there are only global coordinates, which is fine, but additional local
> coordinates would be very useful.

I think the 3.x way of dealing with coordinates is quite powerful already.

So what would be the use case where local coordinates would make life easier?
And in what way would it differ from the "create in arbitrary coordinate
system, then transform to global coordinate space" approach?