POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : POVRAY v4 SDL, Basic/Advanced/Intermediate Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  POVRAY v4 SDL, Basic/Advanced/Intermediate (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: POVRAY v4 SDL, Basic/Advanced/Intermediate
Date: 20 Apr 2009 16:41:51
Message: <49ecde0f$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Mueen Nawaz escreveu:
>>     Python's gaining ground with a lot of social scientists in
>> academia. I
>> suspect it's ease of use without hindering the programmer (other than
>> via performance) is the reason.
>
> There's scypy and numpy for people who want good performance and
> higher-level semantics. :)

	Yeah, but not on par with C, etc.

--
"Now we all know map companies hire guys who specialize in making map
folding a physical impossibility" - Adult Kevin Arnold in "Wonder Years"

                    /\  /\               /\  /
                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 20 Apr 2009 17:25:30
Message: <49ece84a$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
>> Mueen Nawaz escreveu:
>>>     Python's gaining ground with a lot of social scientists in
>>> academia. I
>>> suspect it's ease of use without hindering the programmer (other than
>>> via performance) is the reason.
>> There's scypy and numpy for people who want good performance and
>> higher-level semantics. :)
>
> 	Yeah, but not on par with C, etc.

They are just thin wrappers for scientific/numeric libs written in C.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message