POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : GPU usage Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:03:59 EDT (-0400)
  GPU usage (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Doom
Subject: GPU usage
Date: 31 Dec 2008 12:50:00
Message: <web.495bb04c6954e3ed37f671630@news.povray.org>
I was curious, with the OpenCL 1.0 spec, and also with ATI/AMD releasing
open-source code now for utilizing the GPU processing power, could it be
possible to utilize GPU acceleration within POV-Ray?  I know a lot of POV-Ray
is CPU intensive and utilizing the threads in the GPU would drastically speed
up render times.

anyones thoughts?

Post a reply to this message