POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Newsgroup Organizational Question and Volunteering Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Newsgroup Organizational Question and Volunteering (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Reactor
Subject: Newsgroup Organizational Question and Volunteering
Date: 10 Jul 2008 13:35:00
Message: <web.4876474dc639e8f0840c749b0@news.povray.org>
I was wondering if this group should be split into 4 (or more) groups:

*Feature requests could have their own newsgroup (preferably with a "gentle
reminder" to search existing feature requests before posting your own.

*Volunteers - volunteering/recruiting

*News/Updates/Status - This board could be read only, intended to keep people on
the same page as to what is going on with POV-Ray v4.0

*Development - technical tools, problems faced/surmounted, etc

The next question is about volunteering.  Unfortunately, I am not a programmer
(yet), but I would like to assist.  I've been using POV-Ray for a long time,
have basic familiarity with LAMP, and little else (so far).  I am a full time
student (CS major) with limited time during the year, but lots of time during
the summer months.  I am not sure what I can do with my skill set, but I would
like to help.

-Reactor