POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Tab Feature Requests Server Time
18 Apr 2024 01:57:42 EDT (-0400)
  Tab Feature Requests (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: SharkD
Subject: Tab Feature Requests
Date: 23 Jun 2008 16:15:02
Message: <web.4860037fcb54d7be1729cc4e0@news.povray.org>
I'd like to make several feature requests regarding window tabs. I'd like to
suggest EditPad as a model.

1) tool-tip for full path to the file when hovering the mouse over the tab
2) drag tabs left and right to change their order
3) right-click a tab to bring up a list of actions (close tab, close all tabs
except this tab, close all tabs, save, save as)
4) show default file type icon next to the file name in the tab
5) color code the tabs based on whether they have not been saved or are
read-only

Thanks!

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I'd like to make several feature requests regarding window tabs. I'd like to
> suggest EditPad as a model.
>
> 1) tool-tip for full path to the file when hovering the mouse over the tab
> 2) drag tabs left and right to change their order
> 3) right-click a tab to bring up a list of actions (close tab, close all tabs
> except this tab, close all tabs, save, save as)
> 4) show default file type icon next to the file name in the tab
> 5) color code the tabs based on whether they have not been saved or are
> read-only
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Mike

I forgot to add that I'd like to be able to close the current tab using CTRL+W
on the keyboard.

Thanks!

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> I'd like to make several feature requests regarding window tabs. I'd like
>> suggest EditPad as a model.
>>
>> 1) tool-tip for full path to the file when hovering the mouse over the
>> tab
>> 2) drag tabs left and right to change their order
>> 3) right-click a tab to bring up a list of actions (close tab, close all
>> tabs
>> except this tab, close all tabs, save, save as)
>> 4) show default file type icon next to the file name in the tab
>> 5) color code the tabs based on whether they have not been saved or are
>> read-only
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Mike
>
> I forgot to add that I'd like to be able to close the current tab using
> CTRL+W
> on the keyboard.

And I would like to add: closing a tab by middle-clicking on it.  And no
more 'Maximum number of editing sessions reached' please :)

Post a reply to this message