POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Request *.dem and *.hgt format Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Request *.dem and *.hgt format (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Request *.dem and *.hgt format
Date: 17 Jan 2011 10:00:02
Message: <op.vpgjx4gwufxv4h@go-dynamite>
It would be wonderful if we could use .dem and .hgt formats for
heightfields as these are the native file formats for terrain data.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Request *.dem and *.hgt format
Date: 17 Jan 2011 13:24:52
Message: <4d348974@news.povray.org>
Am 17.01.2011 15:59, schrieb Nekar Xenos:
> It would be wonderful if we could use .dem and .hgt formats for
> heightfields as these are the native file formats for terrain data.

Do you have a source for file format documentation? A (not necessarily
complete) list of software that generates files in this format might be
interesting, too.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 17.01.2011 15:59, schrieb Nekar Xenos:
> > It would be wonderful if we could use .dem and .hgt formats for
> > heightfields as these are the native file formats for terrain data.
>
> Do you have a source for file format documentation? A (not necessarily
> complete) list of software that generates files in this format might be
> interesting, too.

This, about USGS DEM:

http://rockyweb.cr.usgs.gov/nmpstds/acrodocs/dem/

Post a reply to this message