POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Reviving some pov4 discussion Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:37:03 EDT (-0400)
  Reviving some pov4 discussion (Message 26 to 35 of 35)
From: tth
Subject: Re: Reviving some pov4 discussion
Date: 13 Dec 2015 09:30:22
Message: <566d80fe$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/11/2015 01:20 AM, Mike Horvath a dit:

> I think basing things of SVG would be a good idea. I.e. XML + SMIL +
> JavaScript.

    XML is just a giant garbage.

--
http://foo.bar.quux.over-blog.com/article-thsf-2013-114632120.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 13 Dec 2015 16:46:18
Message: <566de72a@news.povray.org>

> On 12/11/2015 01:20 AM, Mike Horvath a dit:
>
>> I think basing things of SVG would be a good idea. I.e. XML + SMIL +
>> JavaScript.
>
>     XML is just a giant garbage.

I think that you may over-react to some degree here.
XML does have some very legitimate uses, the real problem, is that's it
have been abused in ways that where unintended to do things that are not
supposed to be supported.
The base is mostly OK.
The abuse IS garbage.

Post a reply to this message