POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : A plea for sanity, and the current SDL Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:36:39 EDT (-0400)
  A plea for sanity, and the current SDL (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Chambers
Subject: A plea for sanity, and the current SDL
Date: 20 Apr 2009 21:39:43
Message: <49ed23df$1@news.povray.org>
Am I the only one who likes the current SDL (well, most of it)?  I think
I've changed my opinion on this over time, as I used to be all for a
brand new SDL with all kinds of programming features and blah blah blah...

Now, I'm at the point that I love the current SDL's simplicity, as well
as its imperative nature.  I would just want some cleaning up done with
it, mainly:

1) Any and every # statement needs to be thrown out, and a new
consistent system implemented.  This includes declarations, control
structures, object identifiers, file i/o, and output streams.

2) As a result of 1) above, macros would be re-engineered.  Yay!

3) We need some way of examining and modifying previously declared objects.

We could implement the above while keeping the majority of SDL identical
to what it currently is, though.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com