POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New shape: supershapes Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  New shape: supershapes (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: New shape: supershapes
Date: 9 Jul 2008 18:00:35
Message: <48753503$1@news.povray.org>
In the line of superellipsoid, I find

http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/surfaces_curves/supershape3d/

inspirational for a new native shape (not just a set of macro for a
parametric), the hard way (no mesh approximation), optimised with
dedicated code.

Input syntax should be as easy as for superellipsoid or torus/sphere/box,
not cryptic as a long list of parameters in a macro.

Native modulation, if possible, would be a big plus (making fun of shells)

Post a reply to this message