POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature request: Font nodes Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request: Font nodes (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Feature request: Font nodes
Date: 13 Feb 2008 03:09:54
Message: <47b2a5d2@news.povray.org>
I would like to see more font options.

It seems to me that fonts are done with splines, - possibly bezier curves? I
assume Pov-Ray has some way of retieving nodes from a font file to be able
to render the fonts. So this is what I would like to see:

node_count // identifier for total amount of nodes in the text object
node_pos(n) // co-ordinate of node n
node_norm(n) // inside normal of node n

This would make it possible to make nicely bevelled text by using bezier
patches to make text.

Am I way off track or would something like this be possible?

--
-Nekar Xenos-