POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Two nominations for megapov features. Server Time
27 Apr 2024 04:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Two nominations for megapov features. (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Two nominations for megapov features.
Date: 4 Nov 2007 21:50:18
Message: <472e84ea@news.povray.org>
1) STEP in animation. When working on a "serious" animation project, it was
invaluable to be able to step through a scene and check for general camera
flows, etc.  There's really no other way around this, especially if one
also uses frame_number to drive some movements. And it makes sense to use
frame_number for some actions like walk cycles (ensures a sensible walk
speed whether testing a 42 frame demo or making the character walk across a
1000 frame scnene),  or for a blink.

2) akima_spline.
I had a case where I needed some smoothness but neither linear nor natural
gave the right kind of smoothness, and cubic & quadratic were just
impractical.   I say we give akima a ticket to the front of the bus.