POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Audacity and vocal track question Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Audacity and vocal track question (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Audacity and vocal track question
Date: 17 Nov 2010 18:25:01
Message: <web.4ce4633eb44f366334d207310@news.povray.org>
Hi, I've got an important problem and the Audacity website doesn't have working
links to a forum.

I have an audio track of someone talking where some of the vocals go just off
scale.  I want to make this a high-quality soundtrack to an animation using
TMPGEnc.  Any tips?

One thing I tried was to "Amplify" in Audacity where I just reduced the max
volume to about 90% of full scale.  This gave, in Audacity, a strange click at
these portions where it went offscale.   Then I tried Adding Noise (fullscale
white noise reduced -20 dB twice) to the soundtrack, then doing a "Noise
Removal" on the combined track.   Right now I'm rendering this with TMPGenc to
see if I have the same problem.

Any tips appreciated, I'm trying to help my son do a school project. thanks.

Post a reply to this message

Um, I tried resizing in audacity the **images** from 3364 pixels to 640 pixels,
and the **sound** quality improved. Aha, it was probably due to some kind of
constant quality or MB/second setting I hadn't found.  thanks anyway.

Post a reply to this message