POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That was surprisingly funny Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  That was surprisingly funny (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Darren New
Subject: That was surprisingly funny
Date: 10 Jun 2010 13:17:10
Message: <4c111e16$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDpbB1lHaQs

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly
    that the code does what you think it does, even if
    it doesn't do what you wanted.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: That was surprisingly funny
Date: 10 Jun 2010 15:55:03
Message: <4c114317$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDpbB1lHaQs

Actually... yes.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: nemesis
Date: 10 Jun 2010 16:45:00
Message: <web.4c114ec5b94a2268d467c99c0@news.povray.org>
> Darren New wrote:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDpbB1lHaQs
>
> Actually... yes.

but I guess you didn't get half the references, did you? ;)

Post a reply to this message

> but I guess you didn't get half the references, did you? ;)

What's not to get? It's pretty self-explanatory to anybody who's ever
been remotely near computer games...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> > but I guess you didn't get half the references, did you? ;)
>
> What's not to get? It's pretty self-explanatory to anybody who's ever
> been remotely near computer games...

most of the stuff from consoles. ;)

Post a reply to this message

> but I guess you didn't get half the references, did you? ;)

FWIW, I didn't recognise the guy at the beginning, and the character at the
end I only know from game box covers and the like. It was amusing anyway.

I particularly liked when he climbed into the hole he had made.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly
    that the code does what you think it does, even if
    it doesn't do what you wanted.

Post a reply to this message

> > but I guess you didn't get half the references, did you? ;)
>
> FWIW, I didn't recognise the guy at the beginning, and the character at the
> end I only know from game box covers and the like. It was amusing anyway.

Mostly references to old NES games:  Contra, Metroid, Super Mario Bros and
Tetris, sure...

> I particularly liked when he climbed into the hole he had made.

Bowser shitting brix was an excellent punchline.

Post a reply to this message

> Mostly references to old NES games:  Contra, Metroid, Super Mario Bros and
> Tetris, sure...

I must have missed the metroid reference ...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> FWIW, I didn't recognise the guy at the beginning

  You don't know Contra, aka. Probotector, aka. Gryzor?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Bowser shitting brix was an excellent punchline.

Well, I was trying to avoid spoilers, but I meant the first hole, labeled
"Next".