POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solar cooling? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Solar cooling? (Message 61 to 70 of 71)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Solar cooling?
Date: 19 May 2010 04:22:44
Message: <4bf39fd4$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.05.2010 21:46, schrieb Warp:

>> The farmer doesn't want to kill the cow. He wants to tingle the cow enough
>> that the cow learns not to lean against the fence.
>
>    Hence 1.5 volts isn't going to do it.

Well, with a proper circuit you /can/ power the whole thing with a 1.5 V
battery, if only for limited time.

Heck, with a 1.5 V battery and suitable circuitry you can generate a
pulse powerful enough to kill at least small animals like flies (ever
heard of electric flyswatters?); I'm not sure whether a cattle fence is
strong enough to accomplish even that.

Post a reply to this message