POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : renaming POV-Ray :-) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  renaming POV-Ray :-) (Message 11 to 20 of 26)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: gregjohn
Subject: Re: renaming POV-Ray :-)
Date: 27 Mar 2010 16:05:00
Message: <web.4bae6408f0a39667e38aa2790@news.povray.org>
If the developers knew their art history better, it would have been named
POM-Ray, as they were trying to think of the Dali painting "Persistence of
Memory."

Post a reply to this message

From: Mr
Date: 28 Mar 2010 13:45:01
Message: <web.4baf94d7f0a39667a5fdf7ff0@news.povray.org>
"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> If the developers knew their art history better, it would have been named
> POM-Ray, as they were trying to think of the Dali painting "Persistence of
> Memory."

:) In french POM sounds like Pomme = Apple, which is quite nicer, too.

Post a reply to this message