POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How lightsabers work Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  How lightsabers work (Message 16 to 25 of 55)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: How lightsabers work
Date: 25 Jan 2010 00:37:17
Message: <4b5d2e0d$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:13:57 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> nemesis wrote:
>>
>> > I'm sure this is old, but damn nice reading anyway, specially the
>> > shots in the end... :)
>>
>> Cutting a cake with a lightsaber?
>>
>> LMAO!
>
> I prefer my hot coffee. :)

Just don't put the lightsaber too far into the cup, or you'll be cleaning
coffee off the floor....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Seduced by the pink side of the force
Date: 25 Jan 2010 04:23:28
Message: <4b5d6310$1@news.povray.org>
...my god. o_O

Post a reply to this message

From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 25 Jan 2010 05:30:03
Message: <4b5d72ab$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Cutting a cake with a lightsaber?
>>>
>>> LMAO!
>> I prefer my hot coffee. :)
>
> Just don't put the lightsaber too far into the cup, or you'll be cleaning
> coffee off the floor....

Well for most practical day-to-day applications a light-pocket-knife
would surely be more appropriate :-)

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 25 Jan 2010 08:04:14
Message: <4b5d96ce$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> http://www.howstuffworks.com/lightsaber.htm/printable
>
> I'm sure this is old, but damn nice reading anyway, specially the shots in the
> end... :)

The sad thing is that the it is better written than the Blueprint
documents on my current project.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 25 Jan 2010 08:06:40
Message: <4b5d9760$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> The sad thing is that the it is better written than the Blueprint
> documents on my current project.

"The sad thing is that the it is"?

Is that because *you* wrote the Blueprint documents? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 25 Jan 2010 09:12:32
Message: <4b5da6d0$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>
>> The sad thing is that the it is better written than the Blueprint
>> documents on my current project.
>
> "The sad thing is that the it is"?
>
> Is that because *you* wrote the Blueprint documents? ;-)

No such luck, they would have been done properly then.
They were written by someone who promptly handed in his notice.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 25 Jan 2010 09:15:08
Message: <4b5da76c@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> No such luck, they would have been done properly then.
> They were written by someone who promptly handed in his notice.

Ah. So they recognised their mistake then? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 25 Jan 2010 09:28:05
Message: <4b5daa75@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I prefer my hot coffee. :)

  One would think that since a lightsaber can be used to cut through a
thick reinforced metallic alloy door, trying to heat coffee with it
would simply vaporize the liquid in a fraction of a second.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 25 Jan 2010 09:29:02
Message: <4b5daaae$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>
>> No such luck, they would have been done properly then.
>> They were written by someone who promptly handed in his notice.
>
> Ah. So they recognised their mistake then? ;-)

Draty poos! Our VPN is down and no one can log on to the secure systems.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 25 Jan 2010 09:50:00
Message: <web.4b5daef9de59f9346dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > I prefer my hot coffee. :)
>
>   One would think that since a lightsaber can be used to cut through a
> thick reinforced metallic alloy door, trying to heat coffee with it
> would simply vaporize the liquid in a fraction of a second.

You could put a power socket in your lightsaber hilt to power auxiliary devices,
like a small element heater. Then you can fight the forces of evil whilst
simultaneously warming your brew. Naturally, your Jedi skills give you
sufficient balance to avoid spilling it :)